Me

Me

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

My Father came through me

I remember this incidence just like it was yesterday, the story of how my Father in Heaven came through for me during my preparations for the Medical Entrance exam here in the University i study.

Before I came here, i always wanted to study Medicine and do it for the good and benefit of others. I remember vividly telling God that I would be His servant and always serve Him if He took me the UAP. In my promise, i forgot to tell Him that He had to allow me to enter Med school to have the whole desire complete and finally when the time came to be here,i took the Spanish lessons that were a requisite for my studying here because I am a foreing student and spanish is not my first language.

Arrived here in September and begun my Spanish lessons and at the same time, begun studying for the Medical Entrance Exam that was coming up in February, both had to be in Spanish and I remember that almost eveyday I would tell Jesus how much of  a challenge it was to do this but many times God would remind me of how much He loved me and that He was with me throughout that tedious journey. I trusted, I studied His word, clinged on to His promises and left the rest in His hands and I told Him that If it was His will I will definitly enter the Faculty of Medicine

Februaury finally came as I did all I possilbly could to sum up my studies and keep relaxed and focused on Jesus because I knew that He was with me at that point. During that time, many of my friends showed their support and love by praying for me, speaking words of encouragment and they also sent me verses, just what i needed at that crucial point. God sent people, i love to call them blessings because they are, He sent new people that i now call friends to be by my side during that time, He positvely spoke through the mouths of human beings as they told me me with a doubt that would enter the faculty and be a good doctor. He even sent one young lady to give me the books and materials for the first year of Medicine..........., now that was amazing, One other young lady and friend gave me her lab coat as a gift, but that was after i received the news.
I wondered and thought deeply just how God communicated to me duting that time, He used so many mediums to tell me and show me His will and i was really humbled, but sometimes i would seat down and think to myself "what of i dont make it?" So many questions run through my mind and heart as I saw just how much faith and support i received during that time, my family prayed for me as the days approached to the exam, my Spanish teachers prayed too. So many times, i told God that i didnt want to disappoint my parents and waste the money that they had invested in just to ensure that my dreams came true, i told Him that above all things i didnt want to disappoint Him and bring shame to His name because almost everyone in this place knew that i came all the way from Africa to achieve this and knew me to be a God fearing person,not that i glory in self but Christ's light is inevitable to see wherever you go even if the people speak a different language from yours. Those are some other lessons that i learnt, will share more on that. I knew that i had to do my best for God, do my best for His glory, i knew that His name was at stake if i didnt glorify Him appropriately especially in my academics. So we talked openly about the situation and He assured me through His word and i felt His blessings everyday through the mediums that He used to communicate to me His will.

The day for the exam arrived,it was on a Wednesday. I wasn't really nervous because that morning Jesus and I spoke and I surrendered everything in His hands, that His will may be done. The morning session was quiet a challenge especially with Physics, and well, knowing my personality, i just couldnt hold back my tears, i needed to cry and that made me feel better,a dear friend and sister of mine prayed with me and i felt much better, the interview was good, thanks to God, before i went in to be interviewed, i asked God to give me the right words to say because i was really being sincere and honest and my intention for entering the faculty are purely unselfish and are to the benefit of others. The second part of the exam was way better than the first and i wrote the exam knowing that i was going to receive an email form the faculty on their final decision.
The days went by as we all anxouisly waited for the results, they told us that they would be out on a Wednesday the following week. During the wait, rumors had been spreading that they would be out  a little bit earlier than Wednesday, and as soon as i heard that i begun to e anxious. Friday morning was the day that i had to sum up with the Spanish courses and prepare to seat for my final paper for the Spanish course, and by God's grace i aced the Spanish Final Exam. I had to sent an email to my coordinator Romina Rivarola, so i opened my mail an found 2 new messages, one from Romina and another form a new contact, I opened the one from the new contact first and found that it was from the Faculty. I MADE IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I screamed and jumped for joy, i immediately sent an email to my Mother who had been patiently waiting for the response too.I praised my Father and remembered that Psalm from Psalm 43:5 that says "Hope in the Lord, for i will yet Praise Him..."
Me during my first weeks here in Argentina.
That marks my testimony of how God my Father in Heaven came through for me. And now i know that this is His will for my life, this is the path that He has set out for me and i will gladly follow it, knowing fully well in my heart that the road is not easy and  i will definitely learn so many things while in this profession and that's what i love about it. It will teach me to utterly and wholly depend upon my Father in Heaven, my friend and Savior Jesus Christ. 1 John 4:14,15!

Celebrating with the girls after receiving the good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment