Me

Me

Sunday, 5 August 2012

Consecration

This is a powerful quotation from my favorite author Ellen G White,under the chapter Consecration
"God's promise is"Ye shall seek Me and find Me,when you shall search for Me with all your heart"Jeremiah 29:13,By nature we are alienated from God. The Holy Spirit describes our condition in such words as these"Dead in trespasses and sins"Ephesians 2:1.God desires to heal us, to set us free. But since this requires an entire transformation, a renewing of our whole nature, we must yield ourselves wholly to Him.

The warfare against self is the greatest battle that as ever fought. The yielding of self, surrendering all to the will of God requires a struggle, but the soul must submit to God before it can be renewed in holiness
The government of God is not as Satan would make it,founded upon a blind submission,an unreasoning control. It appeals to the intellect and the conscience ."Come now and let us reason together"Isaiah 1:18 is the Creator's invitation to beings He made.God does not force the will of His creatures.He can not accept a homage that is not willingly and intelligently given.A mere forced submission would prevent all real development of mind or character,it would make man a mere automaton.Such is not the purpose of the Creator.

In giving ourselves to God we must necessarily give up all that would separate us from Him.Hence the Savior says "Whosoever he be of you that forsakes not all that he has,he can not be my disciple"Luke14:33.Whatever shall draw away the heart from God must be given up"

2 comments:

  1. Our whole heart is what He wants and commands.
    I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it. I didn’t see a follow wedgit on this site, but if you put one up...I will gladly follow you publicly as well.

    ReplyDelete