As I reminisce on the numerous blessings given to me, I can't help
but recall the words to the song "more than ever" by the Gaither Vocal
Band. These precious words are a personal testimony and a remembrance of
how and when I started my christian journey.
"
When I started my journey in fresh childlike trust
I believed that the Lord's way was best
I would read in His word how He mothered the bird
And grieve when it fell from it's nest
How I felt His delight when i chose to do right
And I prayed I would not make Him sad
We would meet on the way in the cool of the day
What a pure sweet communion we had
Oh but now more than ever
I cherish the cross
More than ever I sit at His feet
All the miles of my journey have proved my Lord true
And He is so precious to me."
The
everlasting and wonderful God, the creator of all the universe who
willingly gave His only begotten Son as a ransom for my sin still lives
today and daily shows me my destiny, through salvation, I have access
to Heaven, I have victory over sin, though my sinful nature is ever
before me, Christ is working in me to will and to do of His good
pleasure, thus the struggle and the conflict between my flesh and God's
eternal will. He imputes in me His righteousness. By His grace I am
His and He is mine.
Its good to take time and look back
on how we started our journey, drawing back to the wonderful moment
when we got immersed in the waters by baptism, professing to the world
whose were and where we chose to belong, where we currently are in our
christian walk and where Jesus wants us to be by His grace and love.
Then and only then can we see the changes that Christ has made in our
lives. We never feel the growth, just like we never feel the process of
cell division, duplication and replication of our DNA, synthesis of
our RNA and various proteins that make up a large component of our
being. But as we can't feel the growth, we can see the change and
others see it more.
I have come to see that only Christ
gives identity, purpose, meaning, life, joy, happiness, peace..........
and the list goes on. A true and pure communion with Him is what He
desires. As a mother gently leads her child through the walking
process, so does our Heavenly Father, He never leaves our side and He
will never forsake us. He is LOVE and He is our Father, our King, our
provider and our God! We are not His robots but we have been called His
children. There is a big difference between having your own child and
taking care of stranger and I believe that this more profound with they
that have their own offspring. In the eyes of God we are precious,
wonderful, priceless and worth dying for. Now thats amazing!
THAT'S LOVE! SNH
No comments:
Post a Comment