Me

Me

Thursday, 26 September 2013

Love

Hmmmmm....... when I look at this 4 lettered word, I have great respect and fear for it. Well that wasn't the case a few years ago, in fact up to now, I don't know how many times I have used this word but all I know is that in the most times, I abused it.

When I sit down and reflect through the true meaning of LOVE, I am amazed by how much the human race has cheapened and degraded this great and powerful word, not only is it a word, but its an ACTION too. Many times we tend to use it without even knowing what it means. There's a old saying that goes, "If you don't mean it, don't sing it", and I'll substitute some words there and come up with my own saying, "If you don't mean it, don't say it."

And its true, I mean, why on earth do we need to pretend and show the world what we are not, to me it makes no sense, it makes no sense to smile to people when we don't mean it, when were are not sincere in heart, it makes no sense to be there physically for a person when deep down in my cold and stony heart I am complaining to death. IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL!!!!!!!

Seeing that this makes no sense, what should we do???? If we are truly God's children as we claim, we definitely know that world's way of doing things should not even be an option on our list of "possible solutions", and exactly what is the "world's way" of resolving this problem??? The world's way of resolving this problem is being cold and selfish, its totally ignoring and forgetting that we are brothers and sisters in Christ, that we are one body. And we know that that is NOT the Lord's way!!!!!

If we really want to know the true meaning of LOVE, we should seek its source, we should seek its initiator or its author. And thank God that we have it both documented and demonstrated in His word! 1 John 4:7,8 says "Beloved, let us LOVE ONE ANOTHER for LOVE IS OF GOD, and everyone that LOVES IS BORN OF GOD and knows God.He that loves not knows not God; for GOD IS LOVE." and  there it is written right in front of our faces.

1 John 4:16  "And we have known and believed the love has God has for us. GOD IS LOVE; and he that DWELLS IN LOVE DWELLS IN GOD and GOD in him" its quiet clear what God is trying to tell us, He's trying to communicate to us that HE IS LOVE, without Him, I as a sinful human being can never love anybody, without JESUS, I don't know what LOVE is. More so, how dare I claim to LOVE GOD but yet hate my brother 1 John 4:20?????? again IT MAKES NO SENSE, God wouldn't do that and as He children, we should never do anything that HE wouldn't do.

Many times, especially among my fellow youths, we ask God for companionship, sometimes when things don't go our way, we take up the stirring wheel, move God from the driving seat and cruise through with our own miniature plans, forgetting that HE IS THE AUTHOR OF LOVE!!!!! when we finally come to our senses and reason with Him, we will see that IT MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL, If I don't know GOD, the author of LOVE, how on earth am I supposed to truly LOVE my fellow human being?????? and this is not just the " hollywood" type of love because clearly, that is NOT LOVE, TRUE LOVE is a HIGH and HOLY PRINCIPLE and if any claims to love, He ought to check diligently its source.

Thank God that He has not only documented this but demonstrated His great love for us in that while we were yet sinners, CHRIST DIED FOR US Romans 5:8. Because " for God so loved the world that HE GAVE his ONLY begotten SON that whosoever believes in HIM shall not perish but have EVERLASTING LIFE" John 3:16. And He is most definitely willing to TEACH US and INSTRUCT us His awesome and marvelous ways of LOVE, we are not alone in this, God is exceedingly wise and merciful and He remembers that we are dust, He is willing to help us only if we surrender and allow Him to transform our lives.

I personally want to learn more about LOVE, more about GOD, that I may best reflect my Almighty Father of LOVE, that I may give without expecting to be given in return, that just like HIM, I may put the needs of others before my own, that I may BE what He wants me to be, dying daily to self and my selfish desires because I know that there is much more than what the human eye aims , there's much more to life that achieving my goals and desires, there's much more to life that having all my dreams fulfilled. And that's BEING WHO GOD WANTS ME TO BE!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment