As I sat there with the my eyes raised up to the sky, i begun to meditate, the weather was perfect for my meditation, the cool and gentle breeze lead my to automatically do it.As the sun struck my eyes, I begun to feel the effect of the rays and the partial discomfort that they brought me, so i quickly put on my second pair of eyes for protection, if you wear glasses then you know what I mean.
Once comfortable, a thought came to my mind "who truly can satisfy?", I asked as i begun my session with God.
According to my own definition, to be satisfied is to be content, to not lack in anything, to be comfortable, to be okay.......etc.As i continued to break down this word "SATISFY" I remembered 2 verses from God's word that say "And the LORD shall guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in the drought and strengthen your bones; and you shall be like a watered garden and like a spring whose waters fail not" Isaiah 58:11 and Psalm 37:18,19 which says "The LORD knows the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be forever. They shall not be ashamed in the evil time and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied". From there my answer was found, only my LORD has the ability to satisfy my soul, only HE has the ability to strengthen my bones and truly give me meaning and purpose to life.
There are so many unclaimed promises in God's word, not because they are dead, but because we DON'T search for them and CLAIM them. So for that session of meditation i left feeling SATISFIED, knowing full well with all my heart that only JESUS can TRULY satisfy.
And praise God through my personal experiences have I come to appreciate this inevitable FACT.

No comments:
Post a Comment